Build a Palliative Care Centre for Children
Kyengeza Community and Uganda as a whole lacks centres which can help improve the quality of life of patients and their families facing the problem associated with life-threatening illness, through the prevention and relief of suffering by means of early identification and impeccable assessment and treatment of pain and other problems, physical, psychosocial and spiritual. There are many cancer cases in the community, including children who have been sexually abused, some have had to under lifesaving surgeries to have their uterus removed at 8-12years after being raped. Such girls also need a centre which can provide the following:
- Relief from pain and other distressing symptoms;
- Active total care of the child’s body, mind and spirit, and also giving support to the family.
- offers a support system to help child live as actively as possible until death;
- offers a support system to help the family cope during the patient’s illness and in their own bereavement;
- Enhance quality of life, and may also positively influence the course of illness;
- Provides therapies that are intended to prolong life, such as chemotherapy or radiation therapy, and includes those investigations needed to better understand and manage distressing clinical complications.
Stand with us and to construct a palliative care centre in Kyengeza. We need $ 127,500 for construction and equipping the centre with all essential requirements